Civilized but not completely domesticated.
VGS Chateau Potelle Winery was born in 1980, when owner Jean-Noel Fourmeaux, a French Wine Spy “moved” from Bordeaux to the Napa Valley. VGS Chateau Potelle specializes in small production, hand-made wines from our hillside vineyards high atop Mount Veeder.
The majority of our limited production of 4,800 cases is committed to our loyal wine club members, the remainder can be found by visiting our Tasting House & Garden In St. Helena, or by visiting our website:
VGS is an attitude: quality and elegance without pretention.
VGS is a pleasure: to enjoy and to share.
VGS: Good Things Speak for Themselves.
Intimate, Convivial and Extraordinary
VGS Tasting House & Garden
Come to a place that reflects the style of our wines … elegant, restrained and extremely well done in all details. A place in which our attitude resonates throughout … fun, easy and sometimes irreverent but never pretentious.
Open daily 10am-5pm
1200 Dowdell Lane
St. Helena, CA 94574
Enjoy 4 of our wines, each served in its own specifically designated Riedel glass paired with exquisite food bites from the famed Michelin starred La Toque Restaurant.
Indoor and outdoor seated tasting
Private room for wine club members
(Club Members, $25/person)
Wine clubs are a great way to stay connected to your favorite wineries.
To join the wine club, visit www.vgschateaupotelle.com or call 707.255.9440.
You can't buy good taste, but
You can buy what tastes good.
Join a VGS wine club.
4 Annual Shipments of 4/6 or 12 bottles per shipment
Become our closest friends and true VGS insiders by joining one of our wine clubs. Members receive shipments every year of VGS wines and enjoy a long list of member-only benefits. There is no cost to join.
• 20% discount on every club shipment and on all our wines all the time, including library and large formats
• Tasting House & Garden: Tastings discounted to $25/person (over 40% savings!) plus your private Club Room (reservations strongly suggested)
• A Wine Club Member Exclusive - our extremely popular "Lunch Above the Clouds"
A five course vineyard lunch prepared by Chef Ken Frank of La Toque. Valued at $185 per person, yours for $150! (April - November only; reservations required)
• VGS Tour de America: Opportunity to host these special events with Jean-Noel Fourmeaux du Sartel in your own home
• Travel: Priority registration on all VGS Travel with Jean-Noel, including Bordeaux and Burgundy
• Hotel Accommodations: 10% off certain hotels in the Napa Valley
• Sparkling Wine at La Toque Restaurant: Complimentary glass with dinner reservations made through the VGS Concierge
*Some restrictions may apply